Saturday, May 29, 2010

Sweet Sketch Wednesday 51- LET'S GO FLYERS!!!


I live in a Philly Suburb, so of course, I am sporting orange today, as is everyone I have seen so far this morning in my area. Why do you ask?? In honor of the first game of the Flyers in their quest for the CUP!!! I am heading to my uncle's house today for a dual purpose party, Memorial Day and the Flyers! They are die hard, and I mean DIE HARD fans. I just had to make a card to bring over with me. I hope that they get a kick out of it!

I used the image Hockey Beary by Prairie Fairy Designs. I also used Sweet Sketch Wednesday Challenge #51.


I made the little pennant out of plain 'ole white cardstock, using a font in Microsoft Word. Then inked it up a bit and glued it to a toothpick. I hand drew the little puck on the image as well.


I hope that everyone has fun today, in whatever you may be doing!


Thanks for taking a peek and LET'S GO FLYERS!!!!!!!!!!!

Michelle


Stamp: Prairie Fairy; Hockey Beary

Ink: Copics and SU! Pumpkin Pie and Black

Paper: SU! Creepy Crawly, Pumpkin Pie and Black and Neenah Solar White

Tools: CM Cutter, needle and thread

Embellies: Buttons from my stash

13 comments:

Lisa Jane said...

sounds like fun. Love the orange colours and the image is so much fun... sounds really appropriate. have a fun day
Lisa ;)

mulberry station said...

Michelle, this card just makes me smile! It is super cute! Love your colors and fun image.
Nancy SSW-DT

Lisa Jane said...

wow what a fab hubbie you have. What a great birthday gift!
Thank you for your lovely comments on my cards
Lisa ;)

Pegg S said...

Have fun and good luck to the Flyers!! :) What an adorable card - your family is sure to love it!

Do What You Love said...

What a great card; love those colors and that image - super fun! Thanks for joining us at SSW! :)

sweetbloominscraps said...

What a great Hockey card! Just didn't even notice this image and you made it so perfect for the day! Thanks for playing at SSW!

Jeannie said...

Yoohoo - very fun!
Thanks so much for joining us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday this week!

Peace & Luv,
Jeannie

Stacy said...

FANTASTIC!!!! I LOVE how you used the sketch, it worked perfectly for this fun sports card! Thanks for sharing it with us at SSW!!!!

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

LOL. I am cheering for the Flyers over Chicago since my team is no longer in it :) Awesome card - I just LOVE it!!! Thanks so much for playing at SSW.

Deanne :)

Eulanda said...

BROL! OMG this guy is fun!! So my husband is a DIE HARD Boston fan, I`m a Vancouver fan but enjoy Boston as well SO it was kind of a suckie day when Philly knocked out Boston. HOWEVER, we have a friend who just got married yesterday who is a DIE HARD Philly fan (yup here in BC, Canada) and for his wedding gift, we`re sending him what we have left over of our hockey mojo cuz now we want to see Philly kick the crap outta Chicago. hee hee Glad to see a hockey fan out there!!
Hugs!

Arlana 11426 said...

Oh this Hocky player card is so fun. I hvent seen that image befor all so fun. Love your colors. Have a sweet day and thanks for playing along @SSW!!!

Heather D. ~ Fresh Brewed Designs said...

TOO FUN! I love how you colored the image and the darling button / fiber treatment. Thanks for playing along at Sweet Sketch Wednesday

JR Creations said...

Awesome card! Thanks for playing at SSW!!

Jenny T.